Kimberly-Clark Company : 50th anniversary, 1872-1922
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This 11x14-inch pamphlet was published by the paper company in 1922 to mark its 50th anniversary. It is heavily illustrated with many photographs of mills, factories, executives, and middle-managers. It describes the firm's origin in a single mill at Neenah, Wis., in 1872 and its growth to seven plants in three states and provinces with a combined staff of 400 by 1922. It also depicts the company town of Kimberley, Wis., and factories at Appleton, Wis., and Niagara, N.Y. It decribes Kimberly-Clark's latest, cutting-edge products, such as high-quality book papers and Kotex Sanitary Napkins. The entire manufacturing process, from forest to customer, is shown in pictures and described in text. Ironically, the pamphlet was printed on highly acidic paper that has deteriorated badly with age, so a few pages are irreparably damaged.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Wisconsin Historical Society
Cities and towns
Forest products industry
- New York
Winnebago County; Outagamie County; Marinette County;
Neenah; Kimberley; Appleton; Niagara
- We believe that online reproduction of this material is permitted because its copyright protection has lapsed or because sharing it here for non-profit educational purposes complies with the Fair Use provisions of the U.S. Copyright Law. Teachers and students are generally free to reproduce pages for nonprofit classroom use. For advice about other uses, or if you believe that you possess copyright to some of this material, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chicago citation style
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation. Kimberly-Clark Company : 50th anniversary, 1872-1922. 1872-01-22. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/tp/id/72613. (Accessed December 5, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation, (1872-01-22) Kimberly-Clark Company : 50th anniversary, 1872-1922. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/tp/id/72613
- MLA citation style
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/tp/id/72613>.