J. S. Deluxe (Excursion boat, 1919-1939)
- View Full Item
BOAT DESCRIPTION: Sidewheel
BOAT TYPE: Excursion boat
BUILT: 1896 at Dubuque, Iowa
FORMERLY: Quincy (1896)
FINAL DISPOSITION: Dismantled at St. Louis in the winter of 1938-39
OWNERS: Streckfus Steamers, Inc.
OFFICERS & CREW: Captain Verne Streckfus (master)
RIVERS: Ohio River; Mississippi River
OTHER INFORMATION: Ways - 2882; She was entirely rebuilt into a "deluxe" excursion boat by Streckfus Steamers in 1919. She handled the carriage trade at St. Louis until July 4, 1934 when the President came out. Often worked on the upper Mississippi and was well known at all towns up to St. Paul, Minnesota. In June 1934, she was on the Ohio River to Parkersburg, West Virginia and in 1935 she went to New Martinsville, West Virginia
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- J. S. Deluxe (Excursion boat, 1919-1939). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/N5MGYUIUBVMGJ8R. (Accessed April 3, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- J. S. Deluxe (Excursion boat, 1919-1939). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/N5MGYUIUBVMGJ8R
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/N5MGYUIUBVMGJ8R>.