Nash Motors factory interior
- View Full Item
- Created Date
An African American factory worker in the Die Casting Department of Nash Motors’ Kenosha plant. Circa 1952. Company photo no. 152282.
In 1916, Charles Nash opened Nash Motors Company, which became known for its Quad trucks. It was one of many Kenosha automobile producers. Decades later, Charles Nash handpicked George Mason, Kelvinator Corporation president, as his successor. Nash Motors Company, Inc. and the Kelvinator Corporation merged in 1937. Nash saw the merger as a means of pulling Mason into the company. In the Nash-Kelvinator Corporation Charles Nash became chairman, George Mason became president, and the headquarters moved to Detroit, Michigan. Automobiles and home appliances were produced by this corporation until 1954.
- Nash Motors Company
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Business and industry--Wisconsin--Kenosha
Homes and buildings--Wisconsin--Kenosha
Automobile industry and trade--Wisconsin--Kenosha
- Kenosha County (Wisconsin)
- Photographic print
- Copyright Kenosha County Historical Society, Inc.
- Chicago citation style
- Nash Motors Company. Nash Motors factory interior. 1952. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/SSRecIDSearch?repl1=WI&repl2=WI.knsh0018.bib. (Accessed December 8, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Nash Motors Company, (1952) Nash Motors factory interior. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/SSRecIDSearch?repl1=WI&repl2=WI.knsh0018.bib
- MLA citation style
- Nash Motors Company. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/SSRecIDSearch?repl1=WI&repl2=WI.knsh0018.bib>.