Pleasant Street, West - Number 235 - Residence of Mrs. Otto Krisch - Otto Krish House
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photographic print, taken by a Portage photographer around the turn of the twentieth century, is mounted on matboard and features the residence of then-owner, Mrs. O. Krisch, the widow of Otto Krish. Otto Krisch built this Queen Anne style home on West Pleasant Street in 1897. Though the residence is somewhat obstructed by trees in this photograph, the Queen Anne details include the asymmetrical layout, dominant front-facing gable, multiple rooflines, and first story porch with a spindled frieze, turned posts, and balustraded stairway. The annotation, located at the bottom left-hand corner of the object, lists the 1952 resident of this dwelling as Tom Taylor. Sources: History of Columbia County 1880, 1914; Tales of Old Portage, Portage Daily Register; McKay, Intensive Architectural Survey; AIS Census Indexes, 1880, 1900, 1910; Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory, ID# 3718.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Portage Historical Society
West Pleasant Street
Otto Krisch House
- Copyright to this resource is held by the Portage Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only.
- Chicago citation style
- Pleasant Street, West - Number 235 - Residence of Mrs. Otto Krisch - Otto Krish House. 1900-1905. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/portage/id/144. (Accessed April 1, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1900-1905) Pleasant Street, West - Number 235 - Residence of Mrs. Otto Krisch - Otto Krish House. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/portage/id/144
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/portage/id/144>.