Fire on Main Street, 1908
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Picture Postcard Notes: Front Picture Description: Photograph looking south on Main Street towards the intersection with Court Street. Fire in the “WISCONSIN HOUSE BY M PARSONS”. Lots of onlookers and men with hoses and a ladder on the front of the building trying to put the fire out. Smoke coming from top of building. Shows other building along the west side of Main Street. Wagon loaded with lumber parked in front of buildings. Front, Signs in Picture: “RUSTIC OFFICE.”, “PIER”, “COFFLAND BROS.”, “WISCONSIN HOUSE BY M. PARSONS”. Also, someone has numbered building left to right, “1”, “2”, “3”, “4”. Back Print: “POST CARD”, “AZO, AZO, AZO, AZO”, CORRESPONDENCE HERE”, “NAME AND ADDRESS HERE”. Back Stamp: none Back Postmark: none Back Addressee: none Back Message: none Back Writing: “Costello saloon, Breedens store, Charley Helt saloon, Peckham Hotel, Winn & Noyes cheese warehouse”, “P202-05”, “County Room, Brewer Library”, 43399, Page # 67, Pic # 1”. Accompanying News Article. Richland
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Richland County History Room
- Parsons, M
- This work by Richland County History Room, Richland Center Wisconsin is licensed under a http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/ Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
- Chicago citation style
- Fire on Main Street, 1908. 03/28/1908. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/rchr/id/3009. (Accessed March 30, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (03/28/1908) Fire on Main Street, 1908. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/rchr/id/3009
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/rchr/id/3009>.