127 131 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- ca. 1983
This Italianate structure was built ca. 1873 by Louis Schultz, a local brewer. Only the east part was built originally, but the west section was built by 1898. William Daniels began a harness shop and moved to this building in 1922. The building has also been used as a saloon, dwelling, and a jewelry store. At the time of the survey, the Chamber of Commerce was located at 127 Main Street and Dave's Barber & Styling at 131 Main Street.
The Reedsburg Historic Survey was conducted from October 1983 through April 1984 by the City of Reedsburg and community volunteers. The project was funded, in part, by a National Park Service and U. S. Department of the Interior grant, administered by the Historic Preservation Division of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin. The surveys and accompanying photographs, housed at the Reedsburg Public Library, were compiled to determine National Register of Historic Places eligibility.
- Stager, Claudette
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Reedsburg Public Library
- Reedsburg Historic Survey
Bars (Drinking establishments)
William & F. C. Daniels Harness Shop
Carr's Jewelry Store
Reedsburg Chamber of Commerce
Dave's Barber & Styling
Italianate (North American architecture style)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. In addition, no permission is required from the rights-holder(s) for educational uses. For other uses, you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).
- Chicago citation style
- Stager, Claudette. 127 131 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin. ca. 1983. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1860. (Accessed January 28, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Stager, Claudette, (ca. 1983) 127 131 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1860
- MLA citation style
- Stager, Claudette. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1860>.