Wisconsin Street, West - Number 605 - Residence of Dr. Albert Schloemilch
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photographic print, taken by a Portage photographer around the turn of the twentieth century, is mounted on matboard and features the residence of then-owner, Dr. A. Schloemilch. This clapboard construction features Italianate architectural construction. This is seen in the low pitched roof, vertical emphasis, arched window casings, and front and side entryway veranda with chamfered posts. Albert Schloemilch was one of several doctors in the Portage area, at the turn of the twentieth century. The annotation, located at the bottom left-hand corner of the object, lists the 1952 resident of this dwelling as J.W. Robinson. Sources: History of Columbia County 1880, 1914; Tales of Old Portage, Portage Daily Register; McKay, Intensive Architectural Survey; AIS Census Indexes, 1880, 1900, 1910; Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Portage Historical Society
West Wisconsin Street
- Copyright to this resource is held by the Portage Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only.
- Chicago citation style
- Wisconsin Street, West - Number 605 - Residence of Dr. Albert Schloemilch. 1900-1905. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/portage/id/163. (Accessed April 18, 2021.)
- APA citation style
- (1900-1905) Wisconsin Street, West - Number 605 - Residence of Dr. Albert Schloemilch. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/portage/id/163
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/portage/id/163>.