Virginiae Partis Australis, et Floridae Partis Orientalis, Interjacentiumque Regionum, Nova Descriptio
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- between 1671 and 1673
Decorative map of the southeastern region of North America, from the York River in Virginia to northern Florida. The coats of arms of France and England mark their respective claims. It shows Native American tribes, land, and villages, along with a few European settlements such as Newport and Jamestown. Topographical features, mainly mountains, forests, lakes, and rivers, appear pictorially, including three mythical lakes in the near left portion of the map. A large scene of Native American men panning for gold covers the upper left corner. Two Native American men hang a buffalo hide containing the title cartouche between trees in the lower right corner.
- Montanus, Arnoldus
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Wisconsin Historical Society
- United States
Virginia; Norh Carolina; South Carolina; Georgia; Florida
- Reference Map
- We believe that online reproduction of this material is permitted because its copyright protection has lapsed or because sharing it here for non-profit educational purposes complies with the Fair Use provisions of the U.S. Copyright Law. Teachers and students are generally free to reproduce pages for nonprofit classroom use. For advice about other uses, or if you believe that you possess copyright to some of this material, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chicago citation style
- Montanus, Arnoldus. Virginiae Partis Australis, et Floridae Partis Orientalis, Interjacentiumque Regionum, Nova Descriptio. between 1671 and 1673. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/maps/id/18770. (Accessed December 14, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Montanus, Arnoldus, (between 1671 and 1673) Virginiae Partis Australis, et Floridae Partis Orientalis, Interjacentiumque Regionum, Nova Descriptio. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/maps/id/18770
- MLA citation style
- Montanus, Arnoldus. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/maps/id/18770>.