158 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- ca. 1983
This commercial vernacular structure was built ca. 1906-1907 by Mrs. Christina LaSallette after a fire in the Behn block to the west. Mrs. LaSallette had a millinery and employed a staff of nine. Mrs. LaSallette was married to Peter LaSallette, who owned a livery. Ellenberg and Ost moved into this store when it was built. Mrs. Lasallette's Millinery was next door (148 and 150 Main Street). This site used to be the drive to the Bates Hotel on Vine Street. At the time of the survey, The Card Shop was located here.
The Reedsburg Historic Survey was conducted from October 1983 through April 1984 by the City of Reedsburg and community volunteers. The project was funded, in part, by a National Park Service and U. S. Department of the Interior grant, administered by the Historic Preservation Division of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin. The surveys and accompanying photographs, housed at the Reedsburg Public Library, were compiled to determine National Register of Historic Places eligibility.
- Stager, Claudette
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Reedsburg Public Library
- Reedsburg Historic Survey
Ellenberg and Ost Hardware
Farmers and Merchants Bank
The Card Shop
- Standardized Rights Statement
- In Copyright - Educational Use Permitted:This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. In addition, no permission is required from the rights-holder(s) for educational uses. For other uses, you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).
- Chicago citation style
- Stager, Claudette. 158 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin. ca. 1983. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1253. (Accessed April 15, 2021.)
- APA citation style
- Stager, Claudette, (ca. 1983) 158 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1253
- MLA citation style
- Stager, Claudette. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1253>.