Man doing handstand at W Galena and W Lisbon
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photograph shows the intersection of W Lisbon Ave, W Galena St and N 20th St. A man is doing a handstand on the left side of the photo. The Stop and Go Inn tavern (2000 W Lisbon Ave) can be seen at center-right.
Nov 64 / Streets - Lisbon / Wudtke Collection / Two pictures, both of which as looking in a north-westerly direction along West Lisbon avenue, of which many years ago was known as Lisbon Plank Road, chartered in 1850, and completed for about 22 miles beyond Milwaukee, and at that time the surrounding area shown by the two pictures was open country and sparsely settled. In the above picture as where West Lisbon avenue intersects with West Walnut and North Twentyfourth streets, and the lower picture as where West Lisbon avenue merges and ends into West Galena and North Twentieth streets, and of which in the early 1850's the road continued at the slight northwesterly direction as shown, to terminate or merge with Cherry at Sixteenth streets.
- Wudtke, Herman A
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Milwaukee Public Library
- West Lisbon Avenue (Milwaukee, Wis.)
West Galena Street (Milwaukee, Wis.)
North 20th Street (Milwaukee, Wis.)
Streets -- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
Men -- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
Taverns -- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
- Black and white photograph
- All rights reserved - Milwaukee Public Library
- Chicago citation style
- Wudtke, Herman A. Man doing handstand at W Galena and W Lisbon. 1964-11. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/HstoricPho/id/8446. (Accessed February 25, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Wudtke, Herman A, (1964-11) Man doing handstand at W Galena and W Lisbon. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/HstoricPho/id/8446
- MLA citation style
- Wudtke, Herman A. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/HstoricPho/id/8446>.