March down Main Street of Shawano
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Nearly 300 Shawano area citizens marched down Main Street Saturday to voice their concern for the Alexian Brothers Novitiate takeover still in progress. The group called on Col. Simonson asking the immediate isloation of those inside the novitiate and that they be turned over to the local authorities. Initially, the group called Concerned Citizens set a demand of a Tuesday noon deadline, but this was lifted after conversations Sunday with the Menominee People's Committee.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Shawano City County Library
- The Shawano Leader
- Alexian Brothers Novitiate
Menominee Warrior Society
Native Americans - Menominee Indians
Novitiate, Shawano County
Wisconsin National Guard
- Shawano County (Wisconsin);
- Copyright to this resource is held by the Shawano Leader and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. Please contact the Shawano Leader, email@example.com, for permission to use the digital image or content.
- Chicago citation style
- March down Main Street of Shawano. 1975-01-27. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/sccl/id/171. (Accessed June 6, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1975-01-27) March down Main Street of Shawano. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/sccl/id/171
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/sccl/id/171>.