- View Full Item
- Created Date
- ca. 1880
Original photograph is P000552-01, copies are p000178-10, p000197-14, p000264v2-04b. This picture accompanied a newspaper article entitled, 'City Nears Its 105th Birthday, Hazeltines Found Water, Built Mill, and Richland Center Was Founded', published in Madison, WI: The Capital Times, 5 Jan 1957. Captioned: “Above are shown from the left the old jail, the old courthouse and the Krouskop Store which burned in 1883. The picture is taken from an early-day photograph.” Shows left to right: stone Jail built 1868, a county office, court house built in 1860, Register of Deeds office, A. H. Krouskop store which was built in 1877 and burned down in 1883.
- Capital Times, Madison, WI
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Richland County History Room
- Krouskop, Albein Houy 'A.H.' (1840-1930)
Stores & shops
- This work by Richland County History Room, Richland Center Wisconsin is licensed under a http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/ Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
- Chicago citation style
- Capital Times, Madison, WI. Courthouse Square. ca. 1880. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/rchr/id/2219. (Accessed April 2, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Capital Times, Madison, WI, (ca. 1880) Courthouse Square. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/rchr/id/2219
- MLA citation style
- Capital Times, Madison, WI. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/rchr/id/2219>.