Modern Cleaners and Ashland Sewing Machine Co
- View Full Item
- Created Date
View of two, two-story buildings with architecturally different front facades. On the left is Modern Cleaners, and on the right is the Ashland Sewing Machine Company in the old Pabst Brewing Company building at 411 West Second Street, Ashland, WI.
413 West Second Avenue was Modern Cleaners from 1947 thought 1978. 411 West Second Street housed Ashland Sewing Machine Company from 1973 through 1988. The Pabst Brewing Company chose to design its Ashland facility at 411 West Second Street in the German Renaissance Revival architectural style. This two story structure is constructed of cream brick and features a castellated parapet.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Ashland Historical Society Museum
- This image may be copied freely by individuals, educational institutions, and libraries for personal use, research, teaching, or any other 'Fair Use' as defined by U.S. copyright laws. To obtain permission for other uses, or to request a high-resolution copy, please contact the Ashland Historical Society Museum. Address: 509 West Main Street, Ashland, WI 54806. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 715-682-4911
- Chicago citation style
- Modern Cleaners and Ashland Sewing Machine Co. 1978. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/88. (Accessed May 30, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1978) Modern Cleaners and Ashland Sewing Machine Co. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/88
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/88>.