La Belle House, Oconomowoc
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Medium shot of LaBelle House in Oconomowoc. The hotel was located near Fowler Lake on the corner of Wisconsin Avenue and Main Street in Oconomowoc. A large, two story porch wraps around the front and side of the three-story building. The windows have shutters. Men gather on the porch. Background of photograph shows the lake with surrounded by trees.
Notes: Labelle House was destroyed by fire in 1875. Jones House was rebuilt on the site, later called the Majestic Hotel. From: "The Quester's Guide to Historic Oconomowoc (p.. 4-5).
Notes from photo: La Belle House now site of Majestic Hotel Oconomowoc Donor Mrs. E. Tallwadge from Mrs. Munger Ocon.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
- Hotels -- Wisconsin -- Oconomowoc
Lakes -- Wisconsin -- Oconomowoc
Porches -- Wisconsin -- Oconomowoc
Trees -- Wisconsin -- Ocnomowoc
Wooden frame buildings -- Wisconsin -- Oconomowoc
- Black and white photograph
- Chicago citation style
- La Belle House, Oconomowoc. 1870/1879. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/SSRecIDSearch?repl1=WI&repl2=WI.wch0162.bib. (Accessed December 15, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1870/1879) La Belle House, Oconomowoc. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/SSRecIDSearch?repl1=WI&repl2=WI.wch0162.bib
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/SSRecIDSearch?repl1=WI&repl2=WI.wch0162.bib>.