Ashland County Jail, Ashland, WI
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Exterior view of a large, three and four story brick building that was the original Ashland County Jail. The jail was located at 601 3rd Ave East.
The original Ashland County Jail Building was located at 601 3rd Ave East from 1888-1958 in the Ashland City Directories, which start in 1888. The old Ashland County Jail that served the county for 75 years was demolished in 1959. It was dismantled by the A.L. Anderson Construction Co. The county’s new jail was built a block south of the old jail’s location.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Ashland Historical Society Museum
- This image may be copied freely by individuals, educational institutions, and libraries for personal use, research, teaching, or any other 'Fair Use' as defined by U.S. copyright laws. To obtain permission for other uses, or to request a high-resolution copy, please contact the Ashland Historical Society Museum. Address: 509 West Main Street, Ashland, WI 54806. Email: email@example.com Phone: 715-682-4911
- Chicago citation style
- Ashland County Jail, Ashland, WI. 1884-1920. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/36. (Accessed January 21, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1884-1920) Ashland County Jail, Ashland, WI. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/36
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/36>.