273 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- ca. 1983
This commercial vernacular structure was built in 1882 for the furniture store of E. F. Barker. Barker then consolidated his business with Simmons & Odell to form Reedsburg Furniture. A stone cabinet shop was located on the front center first story. The building is part of the Main Street Commercial Historic District. At the time of the survey, the building housed Hankscraft Outlet Store.
The Reedsburg Historic Survey was conducted from October 1983 through April 1984 by the City of Reedsburg and community volunteers. The project was funded, in part, by a National Park Service and U. S. Department of the Interior grant, administered by the Historic Preservation Division of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin. The surveys and accompanying photographs, housed at the Reedsburg Public Library, were compiled to determine National Register of Historic Places eligibility.
- Stager, Claudette
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Reedsburg Public Library
- Reedsburg Historic Survey
Undertakers and undertaking
Cabinets (case furniture)
Main Street Commercial Historic District
Reedsburg Furniture block
Simmons & Odell
Reedsburg Furniture Company
Wackman and Flood Furniture
Oehlers and Howland Furniture and Funeral
Theo Wackman Furniture
Hanscraft Outlet Store
Barker, E. F
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. In addition, no permission is required from the rights-holder(s) for educational uses. For other uses, you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).
- Chicago citation style
- Stager, Claudette. 273 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin. ca. 1983. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1811. (Accessed May 28, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Stager, Claudette, (ca. 1983) 273 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1811
- MLA citation style
- Stager, Claudette. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1811>.