Angvick fire, Ashland, WI
- View Full Item
- Created Date
View of two firefighters spraying water on the large fire that is burning the Angvick Furniture Co. building and the Totem Bowl building farther down Second Street.
On June 3, 1967 the Angvick fire consumed nearly one full block, destroying 4 ½ buildings and starting fires along Ashland’s lakefront, but miraculously no one was killed. Due to high winds a waste fire started the Angvick Furniture Company building, the Angvick’s warehouse, the Totem Bowl a local bowling alley, and the attic of John and Signe Haugen’s house located at 706 Front Street on fire. The Angvick Furniture Company was located at 807-809 West Second Street from 1888 to 1967. It was owned and run by brothers Samuel, John and Edward Angvick and their families.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Ashland Historical Society Museum
- This image may be copied freely by individuals, educational institutions, and libraries for personal use, research, teaching, or any other 'Fair Use' as defined by U.S. copyright laws. To obtain permission for other uses, or to request a high-resolution copy, please contact the Ashland Historical Society Museum. Address: 509 West Main Street, Ashland, WI 54806. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 715-682-4911
- Chicago citation style
- Angvick fire, Ashland, WI. 6/3/1967. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/48. (Accessed January 21, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (6/3/1967) Angvick fire, Ashland, WI. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/48
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/48>.