260 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- ca. 1983
This Queen Anne structure was built in 1895 and housed the Mueller and Dangel Drugstore on the west side. Mr. and Mrs. Harmon occupied the east side of the building, operating a restaurant on the first story and a hotel above. Prior to 1895, George Hilbert owned a one and a half story wooden building on this site. He was a blacksmith. This building is a pivotal property of the Main Street Commercial Historic District. At the time of the survey, a Coast to Coast Store occupied the building.
The Reedsburg Historic Survey was conducted from October 1983 through April 1984 by the City of Reedsburg and community volunteers. The project was funded, in part, by a National Park Service and U. S. Department of the Interior grant, administered by the Historic Preservation Division of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin. The surveys and accompanying photographs, housed at the Reedsburg Public Library, were compiled to determine National Register of Historic Places eligibility.
- Stager, Claudette
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Reedsburg Public Library
- Reedsburg Historic Survey
Taverns (Inns) Wisconsin
Main Street Commercial Historic District
George Hilbert block
Mueller and Dangel Drugstore
Harmon, Clara Fish
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. In addition, no permission is required from the rights-holder(s) for educational uses. For other uses, you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).
- Chicago citation style
- Stager, Claudette. 260 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin. ca. 1983. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1789. (Accessed December 7, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Stager, Claudette, (ca. 1983) 260 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1789
- MLA citation style
- Stager, Claudette. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1789>.