Angvick Furniture Company, Ashland, WI
- View Full Item
- Created Date
View of the storefronts on the 800 block of Second Street West in Ashland, WI. In the center is the Angvick Furniture store with a sign that says “Home Furnisher Angvick, Undertaker.” In the fall of 1888 Samuel Angvick went into business for himself, setting up a furniture store at 809 W. 2nd St., where he remained. In 1893, he increased his business by adding a hardware department, and in 1902, opened an undertaking establishment in the same building, of which he was also the owner.
The Angvick Furniture Company was located at 807-809 West Second Street from 1888 to 1967. It was owned and run by brothers Samuel, John and Edward Angvick and their families. The Angvick Furniture Company building, the Angvick’s warehouse and other buildings burned down on June 3, 1967.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Ashland Historical Society Museum
- This image may be copied freely by individuals, educational institutions, and libraries for personal use, research, teaching, or any other 'Fair Use' as defined by U.S. copyright laws. To obtain permission for other uses, or to request a high-resolution copy, please contact the Ashland Historical Society Museum. Address: 509 West Main Street, Ashland, WI 54806. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 715-682-4911
- Chicago citation style
- Angvick Furniture Company, Ashland, WI. 1918-1928. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/50. (Accessed December 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918-1928) Angvick Furniture Company, Ashland, WI. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/50
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/50>.