305 307 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- ca. 1983
This commercial vernacular structure was built in 1913 with alterations made in 1916 and 1936. In 1913, William Townsend and William Ray bought property from William Ramsey to build a garage. The Knights of Pythias would build the second story for their hall. The Townsend Brothers were builders and contractors. In 1916 a three story addition was built to house the Ford Franchise, Townsend and Metcalf. In 1936, a 3500 foot shop addition was added on the north side. The building has been used for auto sales and repair by various partnerships over the years. The structure is part of the Main Street Commercial Historic District.
The Reedsburg Historic Survey was conducted from October 1983 through April 1984 by the City of Reedsburg and community volunteers. The project was funded, in part, by a National Park Service and U. S. Department of the Interior grant, administered by the Historic Preservation Division of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin. The surveys and accompanying photographs, housed at the Reedsburg Public Library, were compiled to determine National Register of Historic Places eligibility.
- Stager, Claudette
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Reedsburg Public Library
- Reedsburg Historic Survey
Knights of Pythias
Automobiles--Maintenance and repair
Main Street Commercial Historic District
Castle Hall of the Pythian Lodge
Kleeber Motor Sales
Will Hoefs and Townsend Brothers
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. In addition, no permission is required from the rights-holder(s) for educational uses. For other uses, you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).
- Chicago citation style
- Stager, Claudette. 305 307 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin. ca. 1983. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1892. (Accessed December 9, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Stager, Claudette, (ca. 1983) 305 307 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1892
- MLA citation style
- Stager, Claudette. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/1892>.