Map of Dane County, Wisconsin
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This 1861 map of Dane County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, towns, sections, landownership and rural residences, roads, railroads, schools, meetinghouses, churches, blacksmith shops, gristmills, original timberland, lakes and streams, wetlands, and topography. Inset maps of the villages of Belleville, Black Earth, Cambridge, Christina, Clifton, Clinton, Mazomanie, Pheasant Branch, Stoughton, and the city of Madison are printed in the margins.
- Ligowsky, A
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Wisconsin Historical Society
- Published by Menges & Ligowsky
Belleville; Black Earth; Cambridge; Christina; Clifton; Clinton; Madison; Mazomanie; Pheasant Branch; Stoughton;
- Land ownership map
- We believe that online reproduction of this material is permitted because its copyright protection has lapsed or because sharing it here for non-profit educational purposes complies with the Fair Use provisions of the U.S. Copyright Law. Teachers and students are generally free to reproduce pages for nonprofit classroom use. For advice about other uses, or if you believe that you possess copyright to some of this material, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Chicago citation style
- Ligowsky, A. Map of Dane County, Wisconsin. 1861. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/maps/id/1839. (Accessed December 8, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Ligowsky, A, (1861) Map of Dane County, Wisconsin. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/maps/id/1839
- MLA citation style
- Ligowsky, A. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/maps/id/1839>.