Grand Rapids Brewing Company
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- C. 1908
Postcard Collection, East Side. Located at the corner of First Street No. and Oliver St. "Absolutely Pure Bottle Beer" was their slogan because their beer was brewed from pure spring water. Built by Jacob Lutz in 1904, they brewed beer at this location until Prohibition began on January 29, 1920. Shortly after they were not allowed to brew beer, the building was purchased by H.A. Sampson, who converted it to a canning factory.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- South Wood County Historical Museum
- This digital image and any reproductions are the proerty of the South Wood County Historical Corporation. We encourage private individuals to view and reproduce images for personal use, but public use in any form requires permission. For-profit or commercial ventures must nquire about a fee for use. Please credit South Wood County Historical Corporation and send us a copy of any published material.
- Chicago citation style
- Grand Rapids Brewing Company. C. 1908. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/swch/id/1352. (Accessed February 18, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (C. 1908) Grand Rapids Brewing Company. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/swch/id/1352
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/swch/id/1352>.