- View Full Item
- Created Date
This standard U.S.G.S. topographic map was annotated by civil engineer and railroad historian James P. Kaysen to show the location of existing and defunct rail lines around the communities of Fairchild and Humbird. Kaysen enhanced about 1,200 maps this way, typically drawing rail lines in red ink and adding statistical and historical information about lumber companies and railroads in the margins.
- Geological Survey (U.S
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Wisconsin Historical Society
- U.S. Geological Survey
Chicago and North Western
Fairchild and North Eastern
Chicago Fairchild and Eau Claire
Chicago Saint Paul Minneapolis and Omaha
- Topographical mapRailroad map
- We believe that online reproduction of this material is permitted because its copyright protection has lapsed or because sharing it here for non-profit educational purposes complies with the Fair Use provisions of the U.S. Copyright Law. Teachers and students are generally free to reproduce pages for nonprofit classroom use. For advice about other uses, or if you believe that you possess copyright to some of this material, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chicago citation style
- Geological Survey (U.S. Fairchild. 1979. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/maps/id/2299. (Accessed February 23, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Geological Survey (U.S, (1979) Fairchild. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/maps/id/2299
- MLA citation style
- Geological Survey (U.S. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/maps/id/2299>.