Milwaukee (Wisconsin) 1918Map of the city of Milwaukee: racial map of Milwaukee
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This map was presented to the Municipal Reference Library in the City Hall by the Women's Club of Wisconsin. It was prepared in October 1918, during the Presidency of Mrs. Arthur T. Holbrook, for the Americanization Conference held at the Athenaeum in November 1918. The data was gathered by a committee under the chairmanship of Mrs. William MacLaren, who also supervised the actual making of the map. This map shows a proximate location of the 33 nationalities included in the city of Milwaukee. It is admitted to be an only approximate survey and not an exhaustive study of the racial makeup of the city. It is estimated that nearly 50,000 persons are unable to speak the English language and that 20,000 adults cannot read or even write in their own language.
1 map ; hand drawn, labeled and colored, mounted and encased in plastic box ; 174 x 119 cm.
- Women's Club of Wisconsin
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Milwaukee Public Library
- Milwaukee County (Wis.) - Population - Maps
Historic districts - Wisconsin - Milwaukee - Maps
Ethnicity -Wisconsin - Milwaukee - Maps
Ethnic groups - Wisconsin - Milwaukee - Maps
- All Rights Reserved- Milwaukee Public Library
- Chicago citation style
- Women's Club of Wisconsin. Milwaukee (Wisconsin) 1918,Map of the city of Milwaukee: racial map of Milwaukee. 1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/MKEMaps/id/74. (Accessed December 12, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Women's Club of Wisconsin, (1918) Milwaukee (Wisconsin) 1918,Map of the city of Milwaukee: racial map of Milwaukee. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/MKEMaps/id/74
- MLA citation style
- Women's Club of Wisconsin. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/MKEMaps/id/74>.