Allen Bradley protestor outside Urban League
- View Full Item
- Created Date
In 1969 and 1970 Civil Rights activists protested the hiring practices at the Allen-Bradley Company. Many hires were through the Urban League, which protesters claimed held unrealistically high standards and functioned as a barrier to employment.
Jan 4, 1970. 936 W. Center St. Pickets outside the Urban League.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Milwaukee Public Library
- Urban League
Demonstrations -- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
Civil rights demonstrations -- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
Civil rights movements -- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
Allen-Bradley Company -- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
- 936 W Center St
- Black and white photograph
- All Rights Reserved- Milwaukee Public Library
- Chicago citation style
- Allen Bradley protestor outside Urban League. 1970-01-04. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/HstoricPho/id/6409. (Accessed December 15, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1970-01-04) Allen Bradley protestor outside Urban League. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/HstoricPho/id/6409
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/HstoricPho/id/6409>.