Miller & Holtz Restaurant
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- c. 1880's
This photograph shows horse-drawn vehicles and street-cars being pulled up and down N Plankinton Ave at the intersection of W Wisconsin Ave. Several businesses are visible, including J. Knauber & Company Lithographs (left) and the Miller & Holtz Restaurant and Beer Hall (right). The 1885 Milwaukee City Directory contains a full page advertisement for the Miller & Holtz Restaurant (between pages 488 and 489), which lists the "Ladies' Entrance" as 194 W Water Street. W Water St was renamed N Plankinton Ave in 1930.
P-11 / Harold Weinholz Coll.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Milwaukee Public Library
- North Plankinton Avenue (Milwaukee, Wis.)
West Wisconsin Avenue (Milwaukee, Wis.)
Streets -- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
Horse-drawn vehicles -- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
Restaurants -- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
Taverns -- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
Business -- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
- Black and white photograph
- All Rights Reserved- Milwaukee Public Library
- Chicago citation style
- Miller & Holtz Restaurant. c. 1880's. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/HstoricPho/id/7241. (Accessed December 15, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (c. 1880's) Miller & Holtz Restaurant. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/HstoricPho/id/7241
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/HstoricPho/id/7241>.