26 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- ca. 1983
This commercial vernacular structure was built ca. 1891 and housed Reedsburg's historic Woolen Mill Office. At the time of the survey the building housed Greenwood's Riverview Ceramics. Reedsburg Woolen Mills had its beginning in 1879. This building is the only one remaining of the Woolen Mill complex and its period of historical significance is 1891-1934. Other businesses have occupied the space since the demise of the woolen mill.
The Reedsburg Historic Survey was conducted from October 1983 through April 1984 by the City of Reedsburg and community volunteers. The project was funded, in part, by a National Park Service and U. S. Department of the Interior grant, administered by the Historic Preservation Division of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin. The surveys and accompanying photographs, housed at the Reedsburg Public Library, were compiled to determine National Register of Historic Places eligibility.
- Stager, Claudette
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Reedsburg Public Library
- Reedsburg Historic Survey
National Register of Historic Places
Mackey's Fourth Addition
Main Street Commercial Historic District
Greenwood's Riverview Ceramics
Reedsburg Woolen Mill
Reedsburg Clothing Company
Appleton Woolen Mills
Montgomery Wards Catalogue Store
Rudd, David B
Gale, J. W
Doyle, William (Mrs.)
Stine, D. O
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. In addition, no permission is required from the rights-holder(s) for educational uses. For other uses, you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).
- Chicago citation style
- Stager, Claudette. 26 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin. ca. 1983. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/992. (Accessed March 29, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Stager, Claudette, (ca. 1983) 26 Main St, Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/992
- MLA citation style
- Stager, Claudette. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/RPL/id/992>.