Dunn Street - Number 704 - Residence of Robert Rosenfeld - Robert and Julia Rosenfeld House
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photographic print, taken by a Portage photographer around the turn of the twentieth century, is mounted on matboard and features the residence of then-owner, R.J. Rosenfeld. Robert and Julia Rosenfeld built this residence on Dunn Street in 1877. It features architectural details of both Italianate and Queen Anne style. The Italianate features include the emphasis on verticality, low-pitched roof, arched window hood moldings, and front veranda with chamfered posts. Queen Anne elements are the fish scale shingling in the entryway pediment, picture-style windows, asymmetry and projections, and side entrance. The annotation, located at the bottom left-hand corner of the object, lists the 1952 resident of this dwelling as H. Broezell. Sources: History of Columbia County 1880, 1914; Tales of Old Portage, Portage Daily Register; McKay, Intensive Architectural Survey; AIS Census Indexes, 1880, 1900, 1910; Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory, ID# 28983.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Portage Historical Society
Rosenfeld, Robert J
Robert and Julia Rosenfeld House
- Copyright to this resource is held by the Portage Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only.
- Chicago citation style
- Dunn Street - Number 704 - Residence of Robert Rosenfeld - Robert and Julia Rosenfeld House. 1900-1905. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/portage/id/125. (Accessed April 18, 2021.)
- APA citation style
- (1900-1905) Dunn Street - Number 704 - Residence of Robert Rosenfeld - Robert and Julia Rosenfeld House. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/portage/id/125
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/portage/id/125>.