M.P. Sanders & Co. Grocery store, Ashland, Wisconsin
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Two men and two women stand on a wooden sidewalk in front of M. P. Sanders & Co. Grocery store. The sign above their heads reads "M. P. Sanders & Co. Groceries, Wholesale & Retail" and the awning beneath reads "O. M. Sanders & Co." The building appears to be a single level storefront with two large windows on either side of a central door frame. There are baskets of fruit, watermelons, and boxes of produce on the wooden sidewalk outside of the the store.
Milton P. Sanders owned M. P. Sanders & Co. Grocery stores from 1888-1906. The location of the store moved various times, but the longest duration was at 201 E. 2nd where he worked with his business partner, John Gerold. He then moved to 205 E. 2nd where he continued to own a grocery store but advertised the business as a "grocer & meats" business.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Ashland Historical Society Museum
- This image may be copied freely by individuals, educational institutions, and libraries for personal use, research, teaching, or any other 'Fair Use' as defined by U.S. copyright laws. To obtain permission for other uses, or to request a high-resolution copy, please contact the Ashland Historical Society Museum. Address: 509 West Main Street, Ashland, WI 54806. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 715-682-4911
- Chicago citation style
- M.P. Sanders & Co. Grocery store, Ashland, Wisconsin. 1888-1901. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/11. (Accessed December 3, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1888-1901) M.P. Sanders & Co. Grocery store, Ashland, Wisconsin. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/11
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/11>.