Army Navy Store, Ashland, WI
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Exterior view of a three story building with storefronts on the ground floor. The letters visible at the top spell "ABS," originally it said PABST. The store on the right was the Army Navy Store when it was located at 509 West 2nd Street in Ashland, WI.
The Army Navy Store in Ashland, WI was opened in 1946 by Lawrence M. Ensinger at 509 West 2nd Street. By 1974, Army Navy was purchased by Donald Moore who then expanded and moved the store in 1979 to 505 West 2nd Street (505 W Main Street) where it still is in business in 2014.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- Ashland Historical Society Museum
- This image may be copied freely by individuals, educational institutions, and libraries for personal use, research, teaching, or any other 'Fair Use' as defined by U.S. copyright laws. To obtain permission for other uses, or to request a high-resolution copy, please contact the Ashland Historical Society Museum. Address: 509 West Main Street, Ashland, WI 54806. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 715-682-4911
- Chicago citation style
- Army Navy Store, Ashland, WI. 1978. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/64. (Accessed December 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1978) Army Navy Store, Ashland, WI. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/64
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.mpl.org/cdm/ref/collection/Ashland/id/64>.