- View Full Item in University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Milwaukee tavern revelers raise a bottle as Alois Genser (Elfrieda Haese's grandfather) tends bar on the southeast corner of N. Water and State streets.
- Levin, JulesView Full Item in University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
“Dr. Jules Levin was born in 1910 to Jewish immigrant parents in a farming community in Milwaukee county. Both of his parents came from a multi-ethnic area of White Russia and knew both Polish and Rus…
- Cordes; Treis, Cordes and Treis Steam and Hot Water Heating and VentilatingView Full Item in Beloit College
Letter from Cordes and Treis regarding notification of contract to install steam heat.
- Leary, James P., 1950, Koch, Lewis, 1949View Full Item in University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Interviews and musical performances by Roland Braun and Jean Rex, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Euch, MargaretView Full Item in University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Margaret Euch was born in Goynk, in Hungary, in 1919. There she married and lived as a farmer until WWII, during which her husband was killed. She immigrated to the United States in 1955. She recalls…
- Seidia, TonyView Full Item in University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Tony Seidia’s parents came to Milwaukee from Bocca di Falco, near Palermo, Sicily, near the turn of the 19th century. Tony recalls his father’s businesses, old Milwaukee streets, his education, workin…
North America : Showing the Origin & Progress of the Storm of March 14-17, 1859, and How it Might Have Been Known Upon the Lakes a Whole Day Before it…Lapham, IncreaseView Full Item in Wisconsin Historical Society
This map is one of the earliest weather maps of the United States, which traced an 1859 storm across the continent. Manuscript annotations in red ink show dates and positions of the storm front. The b…