- Larkey, Jay; Larkey, Hinda, Congress of Racial Equality; Milwaukee Conference on Religion and RaceView Full Item in University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Milwaukee civil rights demonstrators marched to protest police actions in Selma, Alabama that took place on March 7, 1965. The protest in Milwaukee was organized on March 13, 1965. About 2, 500 people…
- Information Committee of the University of Wisconsin CEVNView Full Item in Wisconsin Historical Society
The antiwar movement was especially strong on college and university campuses across the United States, including the campuses of the University of Wisconsin. At UW-Madison, a small group of students…
- View Full Item in University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Protest march against Kent State riot/shootings and the Vietnam War in downtown Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Marquette UniversityView Full Item in Marquette University
Students gather to protest the cancellation of the Marquette University football program, December 1960.
- View Full Item in Milwaukee Public Library
One man on the street protesting a theatre that does not employ union musicans. Surrounding buildings, people, and cars are visible in the background.